Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Analyst – Market Strategies Job
Shoppers Drug Mart
- Posted on: June 8, 2018
- Toronto, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
What You’ll Do:
- Support market analytics and market strategies.
- Develop population growth projections through primary research with municipalities
- Generate trade area maps using in-house processes
- Update system data including customer surveys, cartographic maps, and reports.
- Study and present ad-hoc geographic analytics of demographics and retail locations.
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill generally associated with the completion of a post-secondary education in Geomatics, Computer Science or related fields.
- Established computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Access, VBA, SharePoint Online, MapPoint, Google Earth, and MapInfo.
- Demonstrated excellence in identifying improvements for existing process and passion for utilizing computer skills to reduce manual work.
- Strong ability to extract, manipulate, analyze, visualize, and summarize data using a variety of software such as Excel, Tableau, Power BI, and R with the ability to adapt easily to new software.
- Excellent reasoning, analytical, technical and research skills; good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A passion for customer service with strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills.
- Experience as analyst or system specialist in a fast paced environment is an asset.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Full timeType of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Requisition Number:R2000026161← Back to Job List