Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Analyst (term role)
- Posted on: April 29, 2021
- Calgary, AB
- Visit Company Website
As a GIS Analyst with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of experts in the Engineering & Drafting department. This position is based in our Calgary Head Office.
Reporting to the Manager of GIS and Drafting, the candidate will be responsible for providing GIS services within the GIS Group.
- Provides Mapping, data management and GIS analysis services for projects and operations.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Completed university degree or 2-year community college diploma in Geographic Information Systems from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Up to 3 years post graduate experience using ArcGIS 10.x applied to pipeline systems.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Pro.
- Experience with ArcGIS web mapping applications.
- Ability to independently analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Positive professional attitude.
- Enjoys working within a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position is for an 8 month contract term role.
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A place to share a sense of purpose and build relationships.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference.
- An opportunity within the Canadian energy industry.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.