Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Intern, Product Development
- Posted on: January 13, 2020
- Full Time
- Visit Company Website
RS Energy Group, Inc. (RSEG) is an advanced analytics and technology firm that delivers industry-leading, comprehensive insights to those operating, investing in or servicing the energy space. RSEG’s work environment is positive, supportive, innovative, and dynamic, with interdisciplinary teams focused on leveraging the latest in technology, machine learning, data science and AI. Headquartered in Calgary, RSEG also has offices in Houston, New York and Conshohocken.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity– You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions.
Would you love to work collaboratively to create and maintain new GIS products? Do you like to be challenged in a fast paced, dynamic environment? As a GIS Intern, you will get to enhance your understanding of programming and GIS concepts! You will report directly to our Senior VP, GIS Specialist. Join us on our Product Development team at our Calgary office!
As part of the Product Development team, you will:
- Facilitate and execute RS Energy Group’s feature development of our user interface, RS Prism.
- Review and monitor compliance of GIS data acquisitions related to RS Prism.
- Create advanced data visualization maps in ArcMap to analyze complex data trends.
- Researching and compiling data for various geographic regions and companies using publicly available data.
What you need to succeed (must haves):
- Oil and Gas industry knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- ArcPy/Python skills are required
- Experience using ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro are required
- Degree in Applied GIS or related field. In addition to Geoscience, Geology, or Petroleum Technology Diploma
Skills that are not required, but will set you apart:
- Previous internship/work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.
Interested in applying? Visit our page below to submit your resume directly to the team!
https://rseg.hiringplatform.com/34570-gis-intern/121737-resume-gathering/en← Back to Job List