Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
EACOM Timber Corporation
- Posted on: May 22, 2020
- Timmins, ON
- Visit Company Website
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
Eacom’s Forestry IT group is looking at hiring a GIS Intern for a 52-week term, based out of Timmins, Ontario.
If you would like to be part of our team and actively contribute to our success, please send your resume and covering letter detailing how your work experience and education meet the qualifications for this position by June 5th ,2020.
The starting date is flexible from July 1st, 2020, depending on the successful candidate’s availability.
- Assist with the implementation of the Eacom’s GIS program in the Ontario Region, which includes data entry, quality control, spatial analysis, map production, process automation, end-user support and training.
- Provide assistance to support current Forest Management Planning efforts with regards to meeting data requirements and analysis.
- Involve in other ad hoc projects when needed.
- Curiosity, judgment and excellent learning abilities.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Team player, Analytical and Result-Oriented.
- Integrity, thoroughness and professionalism.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for the NOHFC Internship Program.
- Recently graduated (within 3 years) from a post-graduate GIS program offered by a University or College; preferably with a background in natural resource management (i.e. Forestry).
- Be experienced in the use of GIS technology as it relates to ESRI software products.
- Required to work indoors with some potential work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions.
- Fluent in English (written and oral). French is an asset.
- Driver’s License in good standing.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.