Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Mapping Technician
Ecora Professional Engineers and Environmental Consulting
- Posted on: October 12, 2021
- Expires on: October 23, 2021
- Full Time
- Vancouver, Kelowna, Chilliwack, Penticton, Surrey
- Visit Company Website
WHO WE ARE
Ecora is an engineering and environmental consulting company, offering a full spectrum of consulting services in natural resources, and engineering to our diverse clients in forestry, oil and gas, municipal developments, environmental, alternative energy, and other industries. In addition to these clients, we provide services and support to meet the unique needs of various First Nations communities.
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists, and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community, and our environment.
Looking to work doing what you love at a dynamic and innovative consulting firm? Ecora has an exciting entry-level GIS Mapping Technician opportunity to join our team at any one of our office locations (Kelowna, Penticton, Vancouver, Surrey, or Chilliwack) on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have A GIS Technical Diploma and experience with ArcGIS. This is an example of the type of work the GIS Technician would be performing.
- Create high-quality cartographic maps
- Research, assemble, and summarize data
- Scan, georeference and digitize features from paper maps or engineering drawings
- Verify and check data to ensure continuity, integrity, and compliance with Ecora standards
- Create, maintain, and analyze spatial and attribute databases
- Assist with other projects and duties as required
- A GIS Technical Diploma and experience with ArcGIS;
- Strong cartography skills;
- ArcGIS for Server administration or other web mapping experience;
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills, along with exceptional time management;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience interfacing with clients and authorities;
- Progressive work skills in the GIS industry is considered a strong asset;
- Involvement in natural resources or forestry is a benefit;
- GPS and the development of data capture methods and techniques using mobile devices; and
- Project management skills.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation;
- Paid annual sick days;
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution;
- Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
- Group RRSP match program;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues;
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle;
- Free parking at most of our office locations.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.← Back to Job List