Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS & Mapping Technologist
- Posted on: January 11, 2019
- Calgary, Alberta
Global Raymac Surveys is seeking an experienced GIS/Mapping Technologist to join our rapidly growing Main Branch Office in Calgary. The successful candidate will be responsible for creation, update & checking of a wide variety of large and small format maps using GIS tools and databases in support of Pipeline and Integrity survey projects in Alberta. The individual will join a growing and dynamic team oriented atmosphere that will provide a fulfilling work environment.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Geomatics Engineering Technology Diploma or similar GIS-related education or experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on Oil and Gas related projects in AB
- Good knowledge of mapping requirements and AB Oil and Gas related regulations and associated datasets
- Proficient with Alberta’s Land Survey system
- 2-4+ years GIS mapping experience and proficiency with ArcMap and ESRI tools
- Strong data editing and analysis skills with ArcMap and ESRI tools
- Good working knowledge of relational databases, SQL and database best practices
- Experience working with variety of data formats, i.e. vector, imagery, DEM and LiDAR and best practices for their use and application in an ArcGIS environment
- Good general desktop computer skills (email, spreadsheets, word processing)
- Proficient with Land Survey terminology for field work
- Proven ability to support processes, and follow standardized template designs
- Operational knowledge & hands on understanding of AutoCAD mapping
- Experience using pipeline alignment sheet software
The compensation package for this position will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to email@example.com and quote opportunity code C-GISMAP-001.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners.
Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!← Back to Job List