Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Senior Developer/Analyst
- Posted on: June 10, 2019
- Expires on: June 22, 2019
- Full Time
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced GIS Senior Developer/Analyst who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Understands and interprets GIS-related functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents.
- Analyzes GIS technical solutions that will satisfy the functional requirements.
- Designs develops and unit tests GIS technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned.
- Provides support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the GIS technical solution developed.
- Prepares and implements the technical solution to the production environment. This includes the development of technical documentation.
- Investigates and provides post implementation support of the technical solution implemented.
- Important responsibilities of this job are described above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Education and Training Requirements:
- At a minimum, successful completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology, information management, geomatics, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed.
Substantiated knowledge of the following is required for the position:
- Esri ArcGIS Server (version 10.x).
- Esri ArcGIS Desktop (version 10.x).
- Programing Languages such as .Net, Python, Shell Scripting, SQL.
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server.
- Esri Spatial Database Engine (SDE) geodatabases.
- GIS file formats conversion.
- ArcGIS Web services publishing.
- ArcGIS GeoProcessing tools and services.
- Web Service protocols such as SOAP and REST.
- 5 years of significant and recent position related experience is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyze and apply technical information.
- Ability to implement, configure, and administer Esri ArcGIS Server (version 10.x).
- Ability to use Esri ArcGIS Desktop (version 10.x) for mapping and processing geography data.
- Ability to design and program using languages such as C#, Python, shell Scripting, SQL.
- Ability to work with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server.
- Ability to design, implement, and manage Esri Spatial Database Engine (SDE) geodatabases.
- Ability to design, develop, and implement GeoProcessing tools and services.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.