Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Solution Architect
- Posted on: September 14, 2021
- Full Time
- Visit Company Website
Who is Innovapost?
Great question! We are the technology arm of the Canada Post Group of companies. This includes Canada Post, Purolator, and SCI. By joining us you will be able to make a positive impact on how every Canadian deliver and receives their packages and mail. Next time you see your neighbor picking up their mail and receiving a package, you will be able to say “you’re welcome!”
What role will you play?
We are looking for a solution architect who will augment the Addressing and Route Management team within our COO BSD Group specifically in the GIS domain. The solution architects key role involves architectural solutions for several products within Canada Post.
The solution architect will take business requirements and produce a Solution Design, size and costed and then present to the Architecture Review Board, to ensure a consistent approach across the Innovapost landscape.
What will you be responsible for? (apart from innovating)
- Build Solutions leveraging GIS (including Cloud based solutions)
- Works in conjunction with the product owner and functional solution designers to arrive at the recommended solution. Take the solution to approval board
- Work with the product team to deliver a customized solution, ensuring that the solution is developed, code inspected and delivered with high quality
- Providing insight and expert technical advice on complex/large projects.
- Maintain high code quality, code coverage and ensure the solution has automated regression TCs
- Ensure infrastructure needs for the product team are met & manage the solution end to end.
- Responsible to innovate and re-invent cost effective solution for the COO BSD by conducting PoCs and small experiments to improve the solution to be more cost effective for development and maintenance.
What Skills you need for this role to be yours?
- Esri ArcGIS Desktop (version 10.x)
- Programing Languages such as .Net, Python, Shell Scripting, SQL
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- Esri Spatial Database Engine (SDE) geodatabases
- GIS file formats conversion
- ArcGIS Web services publishing
- ArcGIS GeoProcessing tools and services
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with DevOps methodology
- Web Service protocols such as SOAP and REST
- Knowledge with Azure, AWS & Google Cloud infrastructure, Platform & development is an asset
- Strong knowledge of data management and data analytics is an asset
- Exposure to Test case automation tools like Query Surge, Katalon Studio, and other regression automation tools is an asset
Additional Skills that set you apart
- Leadership skills. Experience working with varies stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Azure Data bricks, Data factory and Power BI like tools
Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent (required),
Certifications: Certified GIS Professional (Asset), TOGAF (Asset), IT Architecture Certification (Asset), Integration technologies (FUSE/DataStage/MQ) (Asset).