Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Specialist [Ecora]
- Posted on: November 20, 2023
- Full Time
- Kelowna, BC
- Visit Company Website
WHO WE ARE: ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to live and work in the Okanagan while doing what you love at a dynamic and innovative consulting firm? We are looking for a GIS Specialist to join our team in our Kelowna location on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of related experience, and a post-secondary education from an accredited GIS program.
This is a permanent, full-time entry level position with competitive remuneration and company-paid benefits. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
• Generate high quality custom maps and other GIS reports and information products.
• Provide GIS support to internal departments & external customers.
• Create and maintain procedures and policies, map templates, and a metadata catalogue.
• Developing high quality cartographic work products both in the desktop and web environments.
• Conduct simple to complex spatial analyses using both vector and raster data types to provide insights to planning, engineering, environmental and geotechnical project tasks.
• Design and configuration of mobile data collection workflows using Esri specific mobile applications.
• Adhering to established cartographic standards and Quality Assurance / Quality Control processes.
• Collaborating with existing GIS and non-geospatial staff members across the company.
•Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
•Graduation from an accredited post-secondary GIS program
•At least 3+ years of GIS experience
• Strong experience with the Esri ArcGIS Platforms (i.e. ArcGIS Desktop, ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise Portal).
• Familiarity configuring Esri mobile data collection applications (e.g. Field Maps, Survey123) to meet a wide variety of project field data collection needs.
• Experience with ArcGIS Online and/or Enterprise Portal to publish project-related sensitive data within custom web maps and applications for consumption by project teams, the client and/or public.
•Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as Python, SQL, Visual Basic, RStudio.
• Strong cartographic skills for both desktop and web-based maps.
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
•Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workloads to meet strict deadlines.
•Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
•Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES:
• Education and/or work experience in the natural resources field is considered an asset.
• Prior experience within a consulting environment will be considered valuable.
• Experience in First Nations consulting also beneficial.
• Demonstrated experience with satellite, airborne, and/or ground imaging systems (LiDAR) processing and remote sensing tools considered an asset.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA:
•Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
•Paid annual vacation;
•Paid annual sick days;
•Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
•Group RRSP match program;
•Opportunities for professional growth and development;
•Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues;
•Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle;
Free parking at our Kelowna office location.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.← Back to Job List