Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Specialist – Woodlands
- Posted on: February 6, 2019
- Expires on: March 8, 2019
- Full Time
- Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
Reporting to the Planning Superintendent AB, the Woodlands GIS Specialist will be engaged in a diverse and dynamic role within the Alberta Woodlands team as the coordinator of the Woodlands Information System, while focusing on Norbord’s commitment to safety, health and the environment.
- Develop and implement business and process improvements
- Spatial data management and modelling
- Perform spatial analysis to meet various certification, operational and regulatory needs
- Data Management – ESRI and Trimble/LRM
- Map template creation and management
- Assisting Foresters with digital projects
- Represent and support divisional interest regarding technology, training and data needs
- Other projects and responsibilities that may arise
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to work without direct supervision
- The ability to work in a team environment with people of different backgrounds
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- A high energy and commitment level
- A degree or diploma in Geographic Information Systems
- Proficient with ESRI ArcGIS
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related experience
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience with Python scripting
- Service and results oriented
- A current Class 5 driver’s license is required
Preference may be given to those experienced with:
- Trimble/Land Resource Manager
- A degree or diploma in , Natural Sciences (Forestry or Geography) or Computer Science
- Forestry Experience
Employment experience in related fields may be considered.
Why Work For Norbord?
At Norbord, a commitment to safety, quality and customer service has earned us a reputation as a leading producer of wood based panels. As demand for Norbord’s products grow, we continually seek bright and talented people in all areas of our business. With competitive salaries and benefits and company profit-sharing, Norbord offers one of the strongest and innovative compensation packages in the industry.
Norbord is committed to providing its employees with the training, skills, and opportunity to achieve their highest potential. Norbord offers the opportunity to excel, express ideas, and make a profound impact within our team driven organization.
If you are a team player who takes pride in a job well done and want to make a real impact at the place you work, look into a career with Norbord. You will like what you see.
Interested candidates should send their letter of application and current resume to:
Mail: Norbord Inc.
Attention: Human Resources – Vancouver
P.O Box 49307
453-595 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V7X 1L3← Back to Job List