Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: August 14, 2019
- Expires on: August 30, 2019
- Surrey, BC,
- Visit Company Website
Solaris Management Consultants Inc. is an engineering, procurement, and construction management company, servicing the oil & gas and petroleum industries. Over the last seventeen years, Solaris has excelled in providing its clients with multi-disciplined professional engineering services, ranging from conceptual design through to project implementation. Solaris specializes in the design of gas plants, compression facilities, metering stations, and pipeline laterals.
We are currently seeking a “Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician” to join our dynamic team. As an integral member of the team, you will have the opportunity to utilize your digital mapping skills in providing visual representations of oil and gas projects and operations. You will be collaborating with various teams in Engineering Database Systems, Pipeline, Regulatory, Project Engineering and other disciplines in performing GIS mapping and analysis. Your pride in creating high quality mapping drawings ensuring data accuracy to support project teams within a fast-paced environment will be a vital part of this diverse and interesting position.
- Responsible for spatial data generation, analysis and maintenance.
- Generation of accurate digital maps and GIS reports with geographic data and other data sources.
- Establishing and managing digital library of GIS data with metadata definitions.
- Constructing, managing, and maintaining geodatabases for various clients.
- Responsible for the conversion, import and export data in and out of GIS systems.
- Carry out system modifications, document system changes, and establish workflows.
- Creation of departmental documentation such as procedures and user guides.
- Provide support to end-users and systems staff by identifying problems with system software components.
- Performs and meets all objectives, requirements, and design approaches outlined by various disciplines according to established standards and procedures.
- Communicates and interfaces with other project design and engineering disciplines, as well as clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education / diploma or degree in Geographic Information Systems
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Working experience with, but not limited to, the following software:
-AutoCAD Map 3D / Civil 3D
-ESRI GIS software suite of products (ArcGIS)
- Knowledge and experience working on projects that deal with LiDAR/point clouds and 3D modelling.
- Strong understanding of digital mapping, projection / coordinate systems and geodatabases.
- Knowledge of SQL Databases and AutoCAD drafting is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as SQL, Python, VB, and C# is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of GIS web services is considered an asset.
- Previous work experience in drafting in the Oil & Gas industry preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite are preferred.
- Ability to complete projects independently and/or in small teams in a timely manner.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a high degree of professionalism.
Join our team and discover an exciting career with endless opportunities for learning, advancement and professional fulfillment.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Solaris Management Consultants Inc.← Back to Job List