Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: February 11, 2020
- Expires on: March 12, 2020
- Full Time
- Belleville, ON
COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time GIS Technician at the County Administration Building in Belleville, Ontario. This position will be responsible for a wide range of technical duties related to supporting the ongoing maintenance and dissemination of County geospatial data and applications.
- Support the on-going creation and maintenance of the County of Hastings corporate geospatial data and associated databases.
- Ensure a high level of data integrity and accuracy for new and/or revised geospatial datasets through daily input, analysis and editing.
- Develop, design and maintain County online mapping applications for staff, member municipalities and the general public.
- Provide GIS/mapping support for County Planning & Development Department staff and member municipal staff for municipal planning processes such as Official Plan and zoning mapping and other projects and needs as identified.
- Assist with and respond to mapping research needs in order to identify new data sources, resolve conflicting information and ensure the accuracy of geospatial data.
- Assist with the preparation of standard and custom mapping products (digital and paper maps, data analysis and other related information) by request from municipal staff, the general public and various agencies and prepare and maintain associated invoicing.
- Assist field research (data collection) with mobile GIS/GPS in order to enhance County geospatial data warehouse and support member municipal operations (e.g. infrastructure).
- Provide occasional GIS technical assistance, training and support, where directed, to County and member municipal staff.
- Filing as required to ensure maintenance of departmental records.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
- Recognized University degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Other relevant/equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of two years’ GIS-related work experience preferred.
- Considerable experience with current Esri software (ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Pro, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, ArcGIS Online), Microsoft Access, and Microsoft’s desktop products.
- Strong cartographic design skills highlighted by creativity and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience and knowledge in the use of GIS-related equipment (GIS/GPS data collection units, large format plotter).
- Knowledge of legal land surveying, co-ordinate geometry and topographic mapping.
- Knowledge of provincial and municipal government mapping standards and resources.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Valid “G” driver’s license and use of vehicle.
- GIS work experience in a local government environment is preferred
- Knowledge of municipal government responsibilities and practices will be considered an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret digital surveys.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30-4:30 (Monday – Friday)
RATE OF PAY: $46,276.62 – $54,081.84 per annum
Please send resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Quote: 2020-496-GG-55 in the subject line
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Juliana Alvarez-Molina, H.BComm
Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.← Back to Job List