Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Lac La Biche County
- Posted on: March 8, 2023
- Full Time
- Lac La Biche County, AB
- Visit Company Website
Detailed Job Description
Lac La Biche County is an organization driven by principles surrounding Excellence, Communication, Safety and Wellness, Collaboration, and Environmental Sustainability. Our employees enjoy the charm of working in the Lakeland Region, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city while still being able to enjoy a diverse, fast paced and fulfilling work environment. Our community is known to be one of the most diverse and unique communities in Alberta. Not only is it rich in history and culture, but it is also surrounded by forests, parks, lakes, and golden sand beaches!
We continuously strive to remain an employer of choice by offering a strong health and safety program, competitive pay, amazing benefits, opportunities for professional development, as well as many wellness initiatives that support a work/life balance. We also take pride in maintaining high standards surrounding equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace.
Purpose of the position
The position will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Performing custom map production and spatial analysis.
- Providing user and technical support.
- Supporting the administration, maintenance and management of the County asset data and GIS.
- Other duties as required.
Want to be a part of our County team?
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Have a minimum two-year technical land information systems or geographic information systems technology diploma. Degree preferred.
- Have 3 years related experience, preferably in local government GIS.
- Have Experience in analyzing spatial data in a municipal environment and translating client requirements into appropriate GIS reports and thematic maps.
- Other relevant/equivalent education and experience may be considered
- Be well-developed in public relations skills.
If this sounds like you, please proceed with your application!
For more information regarding specific position responsibilities and required abilities/ qualifications, please refer to the attached job description (if applying outside of our Lac La Biche County website, the full Job Description will be available once you start your application process)
- Salary range is: $65,046.80 to $84,156.80 Annually
- Including a comprehensive benefits package (Sunlife health/dental, disability, life, and employee assistance through Lifeworks). Also participation in Local Authorities Pension Plan.
- Full Time Permanent position
- Hours: Weekdays, typically 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Competition Number: 10-GIS-23
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
If applying outside of our Lac La Biche County website, interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by clicking on the following link:
Candidates from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same classification level within the next 6 months.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lac La Biche County was formed in August of 2007, when the Town of Lac La Biche and Lakeland County amalgamated. The result is a diverse mixture of urban and rural areas.
Our Vision: Lac La Biche County is proud to be a diverse, healthy and safe community. Our citizens are engaged and enjoy enhanced social and recreational amenities. We are economically resilient as we continue to invest in top-quality infrastructure and services. We are environmental stewards who promote our natural assets, making Lac La Biche County the destination choice of northern Alberta.
Our Mission: To build a region of excellence by delivering progressive, sustainable programs and services.