Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: May 23, 2023
- Expires on: June 22, 2023
- Peterborough, ON
- Visit Company Website
Estimated Start Date: Mid-to-Late July 2023
Duration: Temporary until approximately December 2025
Additional Information: Interviews are expected to take place during the week of June 19, 2023. Those selected to take part in the interview process will be notified during the week of June 12, 2023.
A little about us.
Do you have a passion for public service, enjoy collaborating with others, and have a desire to learn and grow? Well, come join our team! At the County, we maintain roads and bridges, provide land ambulance services, and oversee land-use planning delivering services that make a difference in our community. We make the County of Peterborough, located in the heart of the Kawartha’s, a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
What does the job look like?
As a GIS Technician, you provide geospatial data, analysis, and solutions to support decision-makers at the County, our local municipalities, partner agencies and the general public. This position serves many project areas, including: Planning, Public Works, Economic Development, and Emergency Services. Your care and efficiency is able to turn diverse project requests into intuitive mapping results.
This job is for you if…
- You are passionate about GIS and offer leading-edge ArcGIS skills (e.g., Pro, Online, Enterprise, Arcade).
- You approach problem-solving with logic and creativity.
- You have the ability to work under pressure.
- You have a strong attention to detail and are meticulous with data management and record-keeping.
- You consider yourself to be a life-long learner and team contributor.
- You are easy-going, value excellent customer service, and enjoy being part of a team.
What’s in it for you?
- $28.42 – $33.43 per hour
- Paid time off
- Enrollment in the OMERS pension plan in accordance with all of the provisions and requirements of the OMERS pension plan
- Health and dental benefits
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A casual dress code
- An employee wellness
- Growth and professional development opportunities
The County of Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
If you require this information in an accessible format, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or 705-743-0380.← Back to Job List