Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Red Deer County
- Posted on: February 5, 2024
- Full Time
- Red Deer County, AB
- Visit Company Website
About the job
Located in the heart of Central Alberta, Red Deer County provides a wonderful mix of rural and urban amenities. Over 97% of County residents report high satisfaction with their quality of life, making Red Deer County a great destination for both living and working.
Red Deer County is a great place to work! It is much more than just a job to go to. It is a place where everyone plays an important role. At Red Deer County, we believe that mutual trust and respect, shared responsibility, and open communication are essential characteristics for creating personal success within a first-class working environment.
Red Deer County has a full-time, temporary position for a dynamic and highly motivated GIS TECHNICIAN to supplement our ongoing focus in the delivery of customer service excellence.
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the GIS Technician’s role includes, but not limited to:
- Using GIS tools to create, enhance, and maintain Red Deer County’s spatial and attribute data.
- Data management, data processing, and GIS analysis.
- Contributing to the continued development of Red Deer County’s web-based mapping products for public and internal use.
- Collecting, downloading, and processing information for a variety of spatial features.
- Assisting in responding to public inquiries on addressing and spatial assets.
- Assisting the GIS Coordinator with related duties and tasks.
- Assisting other departments with GIS related duties and tasks.
- Undertake other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as required, within the scope of the position.
- Enrolment or completion of a post-secondary certificate or diploma in an accredited GIS program; an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, ESRI products, and GPS software/hardware.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills to help troubleshoot possible GIS related issues.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to complete both in-office and field tasks.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers’ License, with acceptable drivers’ abstract.
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Experience in a local government environment is considered an asset.
This is a temporary position (35 hours/week) offers single Blue Cross benefit reimbursement, along with vacation accrual and sick leave benefits, not to mention an amazing workplace culture.
Term: April 1, 2024, to November 29, 2024
Qualified parties are requested to submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 23rd, 2024, to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.← Back to Job List