Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Technician – Geospatial Services
- Posted on: January 10, 2021
- Full Time
- Calgary, AB
- Visit Company Website
Our planet is in constant motion; our world is continually evolving. People who understand these concepts are who make our Geospatial Services team great. On, above, and under the Earth’s surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying, mapping, and data management services. Through our work, we help clients use high precision instruments and existing information to define land boundaries and analyze geospatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Stantec Geomatics has an immediate full-time opportunity for a GIS Technician in Calgary, Alberta.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of customized maps, web services and data delivery systems for clients.
- Ensuring that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Participation in team and independent based work
- Check multi-discipline data and documents
- Ensure data and drawings are in accordance with project scope, client specifications and standards
- Ensure information products are dimensionally clear, complete, and correct
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The ability to utilize various geospatial data formats such as raster, vector, and tabular data files. A rudimentary knowledge of CAD systems is also an asset
- MS Office, Excel and SharePoint and Power BI will be desired.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in one of, geomatics, land management, or related field with extensive coursework in GIS
- An introductory knowledge of extracting or loading database information with MS SQL Server products is highly desired along with 1-5 years of GIS professional experience using ArcMap including an intermediate level knowledge of tools including concepts and vector editing and analysis