Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Technologist – 2 Jobs
Edmonton Police Service
- Posted on: April 8, 2019
- Full Time
- Edmonton, AB
- Visit Company Website
The Information Technology Branch of the Edmonton Police Service requires two (2) experienced GIS Technologists to supplement the existing Data and Analytics Services team. The successful candidates must be self-motivated and organized individuals with relevant and proven technical and interpersonal skills. They will become part of a team responsible for maintaining and extending the capabilities of a secured, enterprise-level geospatial environment. Responsibilities will include:
• Support, administer, maintain, and enhance the EPS GIS platform as needed. Assist with planning and monitoring work activities for the GIS support team. Perform day-to-day operations and participate in a 24×7 call-out schedule.
• Consult with users, management, project, and GIS program staff to determine needs and system requirements, and to manage the ongoing enhancements and maintenance of the spatial platform and data sets.
• Work with other IT teams to support and guide information technology efforts in supporting, enhancing, and maintaining spatial applications, data, and infrastructure.
• Assist with architectural design, development, implementation, and operation of new applications and changes to existing spatial platforms, applications, data, and capabilities.
• Provide input to senior management on strategic, operational, and technology plans, programs, policies, schedules, budgets, goals and objectives.
• Ensure the technology capabilities are responsive to the needs of the company’s growth and objectives. Evaluate overall operations of information technology functions and recommend enhancements.
• Sustaining and managing the enterprise GIS technology platform, including spatial data management, problem resolution, configuration, and patch management.
• Work collaboratively with all members of the service to ensure that all issues are addressed in a timely manner and proper coordination is carried out to minimize disruption of the GIS platform and solutions.
:• Degree in a related discipline and four (4) years relevant experience OR Post Secondary Diploma in a related discipline and five (5) years relevant experience OR One (1) year related certificate* and seven (7) years relevant experience (* Relevant computer certificate programs generally have a minimum of 700+ instructional hours and will include relevant course work to the position. Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade or GED is required).
• Geographic Information System Professional (GISP) designation.
• ESRI, Geocortex, and FME certification(s) would be considered an asset.
• Minimum of four (4) years working with ESRI software, spatial data management and operational support activities.
• Demonstrated progressive experience in a large organization with enterprise GIS Solutions, including disaster recovery and highly available solutions would be considered an asset.
• Progressive responsibility working in an operational support team with complex, multi-server environments.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written skills as well as a strong focus on customer service and troubleshooting.
• Experience with a Police or Public Safety organization would be a significant asset.
• Applicants may be tested.
• THE EMONTON POLICE SERVICE WILL CONDUCT AN ENHANCED SECURITY CLEARANCE ON THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN SHORT-LISTED.
Hours of Work:
33.75 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of variable hours of work program. This position requires an individual to be on call on a rotational basis to provide support for after office hours.
21M, Salary Grade 032, $48.10 – $61.38 (Hourly), $3,247.20 – $4,143.80 (Bi-Weekly), $84,750.75 – $108,152.07 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton that expired on December 22, 2018.
• Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
• The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
• We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: DZ
: Apr 4, 2019
: Apr 25, 2019 11:59:00 (MST)
Number of Openings (up to)
: 2 – Permanent Full-time
: Informatics Division
← Back to Job List