Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Graduate BIM Designer
- Posted on: November 22, 2022
- Full Time
- Visit Company Website
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigor to shape a better world
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Work closely with engineers and designers to create models and drawing sets – documentation and archiving
- Gatekeeper of all in-coming and out-going model and drawing information
- Work across disciplines to ensure an overall design fits together and satisfies
- each discipline’s individual requirements
- Troubleshoot all problems that arise in a rapidly changing digital coordination environment
- Develop engineer’s concepts and sketches into accurate models and drawings, through direct communications
- Manage submissions and ensure proper QA/QC protocols are implemented
- Help teach other team members and new hires the software skills necessary to be successful in their jobs
- Manager the work of others (engineers, technicians and external parties) when leading BIM production
- Represent Arup’s interests in external meetings, written, and oral/presentations
- Filter highly detailed model and annotative information into, logically organized, easy to read package
- Engage in the development of office or client BIM procedures/standards and facilitate their implementation into projects
- Interest and passion for all aspects of the built environment and how ideas become reality
- Ability to use Revit or similar BIM software
- Ability to use AutoCAD or similar drawing production tools
- Problem Solving – Tackle both large scale/conceptual level and detail/task level problems
- Professional demeanor
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
- Proficient in Revit, Civil 3D, and Bentley infrastructures
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architectural Technology, or Computer Science/Data Management
- Familiarity in Digital Projects, Tekla
- Knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper, SketchUp, Dynamo, programming, etc.
- Knowledge of NavisWorks, Solibri, 360 Glue, etc.
- Knowledge of other 3D modeling, parametric, coordination, or fabrication tools
- Any experience working in the AEC industry
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our BIM office:
- Champlain Bridge, Canada
- New Bridge over the Saint-Laurent River, Montreal
- Finch West Light Rapid Transit, Toronto
Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families. These are 100% paid for by Arup except for optional life insurance. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our GRRSP 5% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the fifth consecutive year, Arup has been named one of Greater Toronto’s top employers! Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2022 are recognized for exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies. Find out more about what makes our Toronto office an outstanding place to work here: https://bit.ly/2B3QYL8← Back to Job List