Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: November 21, 2021
- Kingston, ON
- Visit Company Website
WSP is currently seeking a Hydraulic Modeller to join our Water and Wastewater department, located at our Kingston office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for the execution of a variety of storm, water and wastewater hydraulic modelling tasks, such as stormwater flooding reviews, servicing/feasibility studies, and design support, of various project sizes and in many locations.
• Assist with hydraulic modelling of sewers and watermains including model development and calibration;
• Assist with preparing technical analysis and design studies;
• Assist with preparing reports;
• Map production for reporting/presentations using GIS/Modelling software;
• Assist with data management of large computer models;
• Maintain/develop hydraulic modelling and mapping standards throughout project delivery;
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake servicing/feasibility studies;
• Assist with design of public and private sector municipal servicing projects in coordination with intermediate staff;
• Actively participate in the design and provide direction to the design team throughout the design process relating to hydraulic modelling analysis;
• Liaise with the various municipal/utility/approval agencies;
• Apply proven hydraulic modelling experience including conceptual, preliminary and detailed analysis; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2 or more years of hydraulic modelling experience for Public and Private Sector projects in Ontario;
• Graduate of a Civil, Environmental, or Water Resources Engineering Degree program or equivalent. A Master’s degree is an asset;
• Has an interest in the hydraulic modelling of sewer and watermains to solve real life issues dealing with flooding, system pressures, and water quality;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and
• Knowledge and application of AWWA and Ontario Environmental standards and guidelines related to hydraulic modelling work;
• Experience with sewer and watermain design and model development/calibration using modelling software;
• Demonstrated modelling software proficiency with InfoWorks ICM, InfoWater, InfoSWMM, Water/SewerGEMS and/or PCSWMM would be considered an asset.
• Familiarity using various modeling software packages (Bentley, Innovyze, etc…) with a demonstrated ability to transfer skills between software is required.
• Ability to analyze watermain and sewer flows and pressures using software noted above;
• Knowledge of AutoDesk systems including AutoCAD Civil 3D or Storm and Sanitary Analysis;
• Knowledge of GIS systems including ArcGIS;
• Knowledge of data management software and use including Microsoft Access;
• Experience working with the various Kingston Area municipalities an asset;
• Knowledge and experience with transient hydraulic analysis using Hammer software, and/or Design would be considered an asset; and
• Have shown leadership skills by participating in extra-curricular events and volunteer work.