Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Intermediate Urban Designer
- Posted on: January 14, 2022
- Full Time
- Vancouver, BC
- Visit Company Website
Perkins&Will Vancouver is looking for an Intermediate Urban Designer or Planner to join the team. You will be responsible for designing, managing, and coordinating a wide range urban design and planning projects as part of our growing local practice.
You are able to lead advanced design process including research, analysis, programming, and preparation of design documents. You have experience leading a project, preparing presentation materials, reports, and have actively participated in the public processes and presentations.
Assignments may include built form, streetscape, campus, transit or master planning projects. An understanding of the roles social equity and market forces play in shaping our built environment is essential.
As an Intermediate Urban Designer with the Perkins&Will team, you will:
- Advanced understanding and application of analyses and reports, including conceptual urban design documents and fundamental theories of urban design.
- Understands overall urban design concepts, objectives and critical issues and applies knowledge to tasks and assignments.
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of urban design decisions.
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, sustainability and resiliency.
- Develops and prepares design documents including guidelines, reports, comprehensive planning documents and final presentation materials.
- Evaluates and integrates policy requirements and infrastructure systems into the overall project documents.
- Prepares mock-ups of comprehensive plan packages and design guidelines.
- Coordinates all aspects of project deliverables.
- Implements zoning analyses and reviews of jurisdictional requirements and aligns these with project requirements.
- Leads project-related pubic discussions and presentations.
- Conducts field observations to monitor progress plan implementation, including coordination with client to insure planning process is implemented successfully.
- Primary coordinator of all communication between the client and Perkins&Will, ensuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts and additional services.
- Responsible for the complete integration of design and technical aspects of the project.
- Responsible for the clear and timely communication of information of the project team and to insure compliance with the project team goals.
- Monitor’s the performance of the project team and approach, to assure that the Firm’s quality standards and design goals are being met.
- Establishes, maintains, and documents regular project related meetings including, client, internal team and consultants meetings.
- Initiates, documents, and maintains project set-up, including contract review, project process and filing procedures, work authorizations, assisting accounting in timely distribution of invoices.
- Participate in marketing presentations and client meetings.
- May organize, direct, and mentor junior staff.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 6MB).
To join us, you will have:
- Professional Degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Planning
- 5+ years’ relevant experience; including leading projects and being client-facing
- Professional degree in Architecture or Planning
- Comprehensive understanding of urban design principles and theory
- Associated with project design and execution
- Knowledge of GIS, Revit, Rhino, and graphic design
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire