Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Jr Civil CAD Technologist
- Posted on: October 6, 2018
- Hamilton, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here’s how we work:
IBI Group is a leader in providing professional services to clients resulting in sustainable regional and urban transportation systems that define the cities of tomorrow. IBI Group’s active transportation practice supports towns, cities, counties, regional governments, transit agencies, and private developments throughout North America and beyond in creating places that are safe, comfortable, and convenient for people to travel on foot or by bicycle. The Active Transportation team in our Hamilton office is looking for a Junior CAD Technologist to join our practice!
Your background in CAD design with supporting skills in GIS and knowledge of transportation planning and /or design will be applied to projects with an active transportation focus. Be part of a core team delivering quality design projects for pedestrian, cycling and trails projects.
Some recognizable projects our team has worked on are:
- Rio Di Janeiro pre-Olympic Plan
- Richmond and Adelaide Planning and Design
- Bathurst and Adelaide Intersection Planning and Design
- Cape Breton Active Transportation Master Plan
- Hamilton Cannon St Bikeway and Bay St Bikeway
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Prepare functional, preliminary and detail design drawings under the supervision of the Active Transportation Project Manager & Active Transportation Technologist
- Utilize Microstation, AutoCAD, and other design programs as needed to prepare layouts and plans
- Complementary knowledge of GIS would be an asset allowing you to undertake project work related to network plans, policy updates and implementation strategies
You’ll need to have:
- Civil Engineering Technologist College Diploma or similar Post-Secondary diploma focused on Civil Engineering Technology (Transportation preferred)
- A University Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Planning or in a related field with a background in Civil CAD Design is also welcome
- Up to 3 years of experience in related discipline, with a strong knowledge and background in CAD
- Keen interest and general knowledge of transportation planning, pedestrian and cycling facilities
- Training or work experience using ArcGIS, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat would be considered an asset
If you enjoy working in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment on unique and exciting projects, then the Hamilton offices will be ideally suited to you. On a social note, joining IBI Group will offer you the participation of a variety of monthly social functions.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.