Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Junior Civil – Electrical Distribution Technologist
- Posted on: September 13, 2021
- Vancouver, BC
- Visit Company Website
Our Company is currently seeking self-motivated, hardworking Junior Civil/Electrical Distribution Technologists to join our Winnipeg and Vancouver offices. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Junior Civil/Electrical Technologist
Location: Vancouver, BC
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide design and construction support services to Electric and Gas Utility Clients and Developers for overhead and underground distribution projects
- Provide field inspection, site survey investigations, and soil resistivity testing when required.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, including land owners, Transportation Authorities, Municipal Governments, Third Party Utilities, First Nations, etc. when required to complete the design assignments.
- Strong software skills are a key requirement, along with proficiency in mechanics of materials and applied physics and mathematics. Familiarity with electrical theory would be considered an asset.
- Work with company and client standards as applicable
- All duties to be performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule
- Duties may require periodic travel to work sites for varying periods of time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Overtime as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited institution or equivalent, with three years or more of related work experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in clear, concise, and courteous fashion
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Strong attention to detail
- Team and client-focused
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- The ideal candidate demonstrates a high energy level, is motivated and a team player
It would be advantageous if the candidate has experience in:
- Working with AutoCAD
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of Utility Geographic Information Systems (GIS) based design platforms such as GE Small World.
- Preparing and submitting of permitting applications to a variety of third party stakeholders
- Working in an engineering services environment
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner in order to recognize less obvious information
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to foster teamwork and achieve organizational goals
Using Information Technology – Using software and information technology to compliment one’s base knowledge in cases where limited information and resources are available to accomplish one’s work
Resilience – Remaining energized and focused in the face of occasional ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Planning and Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting own plans and activities to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise
Information Management – Demonstrating basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance using appropriate procedures to collect, organize, retrieve, maintain and disseminate information← Back to Job List