Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Junior GIS Analyst
WSP in Canada
- Posted on: May 23, 2023
- Full Time
- Mississauga, ON
- Visit Company Website
About the job
MISSISSAUGA, KITCHENER, HAMILTON, PETERBOROUGH And WHITBY
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
WSP Canada has an immediate opportunity for a Junior GIS Analyst to join our Geospatial Information Management team on a full-time basis. This Junior role consists of working on multi-discipline project teams to provide GIS support on a wide variety of unique projects locally and around the world for WSP’s Earth and Environment team.
You will be part of one of Canada’s largest Geospatial Information Management teams, which includes GIS technicians, GIS Analysts, Information Managers, Web Developers, Solutions Developers, Drafters, Designers and BIM practitioners. We are part of a global technical community, that collaborates, innovates, solves solutions, build enduring relationships, excels, and grows professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy – a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story – we’re proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you – from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday – we’re open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You’ll be collaborating with multi-discipline project teams consisting of scientists, engineers, and consultants; understanding the project requirements and incorporating those requirements into your work
- Working in various fields including archaeology, geotechnical engineering, mining, and biological environmental sciences
- Creates GIS data from a variety of sources, digital or analogue, and conducts conversion between various file types (i.e., text, tabular, CAD, and other GIS formats)
- You’ll be providing technical 2D maps, figures, charts and presentation posters to support proposals and reports, on a wide variety of projects collaborating with colleagues around the country
- Organizing and bringing data to life using web-based platforms e.g. ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise
- Responsible for quality assurance and control with adherence to global company standards, processes, and best practices
- Developing and implementing GIS solutions
- Creation and management of enterprise geospatial databases
- Continuous knowledge sharing, training, and mentoring to develop your skills and develop your career
What You’ll Bring To WSP …
- Advanced Diploma in GIS or a combination of demonstrated GIS experience and post-secondary education
- At least two years of relevant experience with Geographic Information Systems and particularly ESRI products (ESRI ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS 10.X, and extensions, ArcGIS Online/Portal/WebApps) and basic GIS and CAD Data Formats
- Strong cartographic skills including the ability to adhere to standards and communicate highly complex information in an accessible and attractive manner
- Demonstrated experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced deadline and deliverable oriented setting
- Demonstrated experience working with, organizing, analyzing, and mapping field-collected data
- Strong verbal, written and graphical communication abilities
- Strong organization skills
- Proven ability to document and communicate work in a professional manner
- Working experience developing and implementing GIS solutions especially in the areas of productivity, QA/QC, mobile data capture, geospatial analysis, spatial ETL and workflow automation would be an asset
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.← Back to Job List