Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Junior GIS Developer
Matrix Solutions Inc.
- Posted on: September 18, 2023
- Full Time
- Canada (Remote)
- Visit Company Website
About the job
Junior GIS Developer
To unlock a sustainable future, we apply our combined expertise to create a positive impact for the planet and future generations.
At Matrix Solutions we collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies to solve environmental challenges together – motivated to do better for our clients, each other, and the communities where we live and work. We deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions to help our clients achieve their ambitious goals for a more sustainable and resilient future.
WHO WE ARE
One of Canada’s leading providers of environmental consulting and engineering services. With a proud history of nearly 40 years delivering innovative, pragmatic, and sustainable solutions for public and private sector clients. Matrix is a proud part of Montrose Environmental Group, with a network of teammates across 90+ locations around the world.
WHAT WE DO
We partner with clients and communities to solve challenges. It’s our job to unlock solutions that shape a resilient future where our clients, people, communities, and environment thrive.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Our team is made up of diverse people working collaboratively towards common goals. We value the contributions and perspectives of all employees and are committed to equity and diversity initiatives to create a feeling of belonging for all of our people. When we are inclusive and diverse in a way that reflects the broader world we serve, we are able to draw from a wider community of excellence within the regions we operate.
Are you looking to…
- Collaborate with clients and subject matter experts throughout the organization to deliver digital solutions that drive meaningful outcomes for our clients and communities
- Work with a talented team of digital services professionals to solve data management challenges across various environmental and engineering disciplines
- Design and develop tools and automation to support projects
- Have autonomy and the opportunity to interact and work with a community of technical experts from other Matrix regions
- Join a well-respected environmental consulting company
As a Junior GIS Developer, you will join our Project Technology Solutions team. Candidates can be based in any Matrix office location.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering reliable GIS, spatial data management, and enterprise GIS solutions to our internal teams and clients, utilizing the ArcGIS Enterprise suite. They will play a crucial role in diverse data management projects, with the following responsibilities:
- Drive efficiency and improve the quality of our environmental field work by spearheading the implementation of digital field data collection workflows. This will involve utilizing Collector for ArcGIS and enterprise geodatabases to streamline the process
- Expedite the clean-up of abandoned oil and gas sites by automating GIS deliverables
- Help our clients manage their projects by developing web mapping applications
- Provide real-time data for emergency spill response crews by developing data translation scripts and tools in Python
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including GIS, Environmental Data Management, IT, and consulting professionals
- Design, develop, and maintain Matrix’s spatial data infrastructure including ESRI enterprise geodatabases, ETL processes, and ArcGIS Enterprise content
- Design and develop Python tools and scripts to support enterprise workflows and GIS analysis
- Provide expert operational support to our people and clients regarding spatial data management, geodatabases, and GIS
- Oversee and manage Matrix’s ArcGIS spatial data infrastructure
- Availability for occasional off-hours support is required
What We Are Looking For
- A degree or diploma in GIS, Geomatics, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Proficient in the data management lifecycle, relational databases, and extract-transform-load (ETL) concepts
- Expertise in spatial coordinate systems and transformations
1-3 years of experience with:
- ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop and/or ArcPro Suite
- SQL Server and T-SQL
- Python development
The following are considered an asset:
- Experience working in a production GIS environment
- Proven experience with raster and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Server, Portal, Image Server, FME and Model Builder
- Consulting experience
Why Choose Matrix
At Matrix you will be part of an amazing community of collaborative people who live our purpose and values and bring industry-leading technical expertise to their work every day. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes RRSP matching, vacation + ‘Me’ days, and profit sharing. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, and cross-training opportunities.
Click the Apply button.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Please apply to us directly. As a note, we are not accepting third-party agency applicants at this time.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety, and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Health and safety Policy, individuals in safety-sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment, pre-access (and in some client cases, random) alcohol & drug testing as well as driver abstract reviews.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Please follow us on LinkedIn (@Matrix Solutions Inc.) for ongoing updates about our people and business.
For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit www.matrix-solutions.com and don’t forget to our bookmark our careers page.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.← Back to Job List