Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Junior Party Chief
- Posted on: September 17, 2018
- Expires on: October 31, 2018
- Calgary, AB/Edmonton, AB
- Visit Company Website
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
Our award-winning engineers embrace a trailblazing spirit by challenging conventional thinking, questioning the status-quo and expressing our passion to use engineering to make the world a better place. We recognize that our projects must serve the interests of our communities for the long term. Therefore, our teams specialize in municipal infrastructure & roadways, water resources, transportation, land development, structural, geotechnical, construction and electrical engineering services. From senior management to our most junior recruits, we are partners in solving our clients’ challenges.
McElhanney Geomatics Engineering Ltd. has an opportunity for a Junior Party Chief to join our team in Edmonton and/or Calgary. Reporting to the Project Manager or Field Supervisor, you will direct the field crew to complete projects in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner to meet contractual and legal obligations. You may also be involved in engineering, construction or legal surveying in urban and/or rural areas. This is a great opportunity for an individual that is looking to grow their career in Geomatics Engineering with a great company.
Providing a wide range of services, we’re working towards taking our well-¬established base of surveying and applying it to a plethora of industries across the province. As a member of our Laser Scanning Team, you will provide a wide range of industry experience, working in numerous sectors from Oil and Gas, Transportation, Petrochemical and Food Processing.
- The ability to travel and work out of town is required.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol and fitness for work testing is required.
- Take direction from Project Manager to understand the following: project objectives, allocated budgets, goals, schedules and timeframes
- Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time
- Liaise between Project Manager and client representative
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance
- Two-year technical diploma in geomatics or civil engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Canadian passport with the ability to travel to the US, and overseas
- Physically fit, able to lift heavy equipment, willing to work in various environmental conditions with varied terrain, able to work in wildlife populated areas, and willing to work in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours
- Valid driver’s license required
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good attendance, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge
If this is the opportunity for you, visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.← Back to Job List