Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Junior Real Property Agent
Region of Peel
- Posted on: June 21, 2020
- Brampton, ON
- Visit Company Website
Real Property Asset Management, Corporate Services
Contract Full-Time; 12 Months
Reporting to the Program Manager, Real Property the position will provide technical, appraisal and negotiating assistance to the Real Property and Facility Acquisition team within Real Estate relating to real property and leasing acquisitions services and disposal services including expropriation proceedings.
- Responsible for providing technical, appraisal and negotiating assistance to the Real Property and Facility Acquisition team within Real Estate relating to real property and leasing acquisition and disposal services including expropriation proceedings for all other departments within the Region of Peel including Police Services and Peel Housing Corporation.
- Analyze and review appraisal reports completed for various interests in real property either through negotiations or expropriation proceedings (i.e. verification and review of comparable sales, verification of zoning and official plan designations, verification of all legal information within the report and have a general understanding of engineering concepts, engineering drawings, survey/reference plans, and title searches used to comprehend the acquisition or disposal project proposed).
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing, interpreting and analyzing technical and legal agreements and reports (i.e. leases, licences, encroachment agreements, consent to enter agreements, Agreements of Purchase and Sale, reports to council and environmental audits).
- Provide answers to questions relating to the real property acquisitions or disposal during negotiations with the Owner/Purchaser or the Owner’s/Purchaser’s representative (i.e. lawyer, consultant, engineer).
- Complete small/informal appraisals for internal purposes.
- Conduct comprehensive property research including real property ownership and rights.
- Conduct comparable sales investigation/confirmation.
- Draft, review, interpret and analyze technical and legal agreements.
- Review and interpret all aspects of a legal Title Search
- Use technical and/or professional skills to investigate problems and explore alternative solutions
- Draft and review Council reports, real estate legal documentation (i.e. Purchase and Sale Agreements, Expropriation documentation), reference plans, appraisal reports and compose correspondence for owners/purchasers/lawyers and outside consultants.
- Meet with land owners/purchasers to negotiate real property acquisitions and disposals.
- Various property management tasks on region owned assets (ie. inspection and fencing)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in a related field ( i.e. Geography, Urban Planning, Urban Affairs and Real Estate).
- At least three years relevant real estate experience
- Must be working towards his/her AACI/CRA designation with the Appraisal Institute of Canada and/or IRWA designation with the International Right of Way Association.
- Requires good understanding of a specialized discipline or field in real estate, legal, municipal and engineering concepts.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-project environment and prioritize work effectively.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- General understanding of expropriation proceedings according to applicable legislation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong and significant public relations and both written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills – MS Word, Excel, and Access applications
Location: Due to Covid-19, most of our offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once our offices re-open you will report to 10 Peel Centre Drive.
Hours: 35 hours/week
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.← Back to Job List