Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Junior Software Developer
- Posted on: June 22, 2022
- Full Time
- Mississauga, ON
- Visit Company Website
You will be part of one of Canada’s largest Geospatial Information Management teams, which includes GIS technicians, GIS Analysts, Information Managers, Web Developers, Solutions Developers, Software developers, Drafters, Designers and BIM practitioners. We are part of a global technical community, that collaborates, innovates, solves solutions, build enduring relationships, excels, and grows professionally in a strong culture of ownership. You will support with architecting, developing, and maintaining internal and external facing solutions used for field data collection, document and data management, and reporting.
Our team is growing. We’re a collaborative team with a flexible approach and we offer a wide variety of projects and cross-functional opportunities to work together. This role can be based anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area with the opportunity to work remotely using our VDI cloud environment.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story – we’re proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you – from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday – we’re open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You’ll collaboratiewith multi-discipline project teams consisting of scientists, engineers, and consultants; understanding the project requirements and incorporating those requirements into your work.
- You’ll support our senior software developers in architecting, developing, and maintaining business solutions.
- You are responsible for knowledge gathering received from internal and external sources to make better business solutions.
- You will support our Geospatial team for field data collection.
- You will organize and bring data to life using web-based platforms.
- You support, maintain and enhance existing application solutions.
- You will work with custom applications, web service development, developing and managing spatial and non-spatial databases, and relational database management systems.
- You’ll create scalable and robust code, focusing on quality and maintainability.
- You’ll be involved in all phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC)
What you’ll bring to WSP …
- Technician or Technology Diploma or Degree or equivalent preferably in the disciplines of computer science, geomatics engineering, with a specialization in environmental, geotechnical, mining and/or civil engineering.
- Over 1 to 3 years’ experience in developing Web and Windows applications using Microsoft technologies
- Experience in/with:
- C#, ASP .NET MVC and Web Forms, ASP .NET Core, Angular.
- MS SQL Server, MySQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- REST API, SOAP Web Services, JSON.
- Good knowledge of:
- Azure DevOps.
- InfoPath, PowerBI and SharePoint.
- Experience in an environmental, engineering, or surveying consultancy.