Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Junior Software Developer
- Posted on: September 10, 2019
- Chilliwack, British Columbia
- Visit Company Website
We are currently seeking a Junior Software Developer for our subsidiary offices located in Chilliwack, British Columbia. If you want to experience the spirit of an entrepreneurial organization, while enjoying the impressive resources of an international player, we invite you to join us
Are you a Tech Professional looking to work closer to home? i–Open Technologies is looking to fill positions at our Abbotsford offices, located in the heart of the Fraser Valley.
The Fraser Valley offers the small-town community feel that provides a great place to live and raise a family. With more affordable housing, cheaper gas prices and a lower cost of living, i-Open Technologies provides the same opportunity as the big city companies but allows you to capture the benefits of living in the Valley.
At i-Open Technology Inc., we work together to create an environment where our people come first. Our employees reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. As an IT and professional services firm, our employees are the key element of our continued success, as is our ability to attract and retain top-quality professionals — professionals like you.
Wisebox Solutions Inc. has more than two decades of experience delivering custom business solutions that empower our customers to increase staff productivity, simplify their business processes and increase their revenue. We build mobile-friendly web systems that are always up to date, load at lightning speeds, and are easy to use. Learn more about Wisebox on our website at https://wisebox.solutions.
The successful candidate will be working with our client’s development and project management teams to implement high-quality web development projects. These teams will be relying on you to understand our client’s business processes and to implement a proposed solution using front-end and back-end web technologies.
- Diploma in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of the Client-Server Architecture
- Mastery of Windows workstation management
- Solid understanding of the Bootstrap V3 framework
- Strong understanding and experience working with SQL or NoSQL Databases
- Strong understanding of Content Management Systems
- General understanding of web development security issues and countermeasures
- Able to demonstrate at least two Bootstrap V3 templates that have been built from scratch or heavily customized
- Familiar with using Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, OneNote, etc.
- Experience using web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, REST, etc.
- Familiar with AJAX libraries such as jQuery, React, Angular, etc.
Soft Skill Requirements
- Fast learner who can adapt and improve within a constantly changing industry
- Personable, able to interact with non-technical client staff to document business use cases and draft requirements
- Strong written and verbal communicational skills
- A self-starter who knows why they love this job and strives for excellence
- A future leader who empowers others