Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Land Application Coordinator
- Posted on: January 11, 2021
- Hamilton, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of essential environmental and industrial services for industrial, commercial and institutional customers, including those in the manufacturing, mining, municipal, oil and gas, pulp and paper, refining and petrochemical, transportation, and utilities sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ approximately 2,000 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations across Canada.
At Terrapure, we’re Changing Waste for Good. We see both economy and environment as invaluable, understanding one cannot be prioritized at the expense of the other. With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, we provide services that reduce the volume of waste requiring disposal, recover value from industrial by-products, and restore industrial operations to peak efficiency. We provide these services through an extensive coast-to-coast facility network and through field services deployed on customer sites.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com
We are a proudly Canadian company in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing industry. With the tremendous opportunity to “change the way the world thinks about waste”, we need talented individuals like you to match the breadth of our mission. Come with your sleeves rolled up and get ready to grow!
At Terrapure, we are guided by our core values of Safety, Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Environmental Stewardship and Doing More. We are committed to fostering a positive, progressive, and diverse corporate culture. We support our employees and the communities where we live and work through activities and investment that align with what we do and what we believe in. By joining Terrapure, you can make a difference with your career, your community and our planet.
Terrapure offers competitive compensation, an attractive benefits plan, an excellent work-life balance and family-friendly perks! If you’re ready for a challenge and want to help us work towards strengthening our position as one of Canada’s leading environmental companies, we want to hear from you.
Title: Land Application Coordinator
Job Type: 12 month contract with possible extension
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
This position is responsible for coordinating and promoting the Biosolids program at Terrapure Organics.
- Using a soil probe, collect and prepare soil samples following sampling and analysis protocols under the Nutrient Management Act set forth by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) and the Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP)
- Collect samples using GIS maps and aerial photography
- Submit samples to various laboratories using submission forms
- Organize and prioritize future field sampling locations
- Promoting land application process to farmers and overseeing the contracts
- Staking and monitoring the application of biosolids to farm land
- Maintaining a wide variety of records and reports and meeting environmental officials to ensure compliance with regulations and permits
- Work closely with municipal officials
- Research changing regulations and make recommendations regarding compliance strategy
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Diploma or Degree in Environmental or Agricultural Science, or a Technician program including Geography, Agriculture or equivalent
- Must be able to navigate and perform tasks using GPS, maps, and aerial photography
- Must have a G class license and be able to operate a company vehicle on off-road and rough terrain
- Considerable knowledge of land application principles, practices and regulations.
Considerable knowledge of the regulations to biosolids distribution practices
- Required to follow regulation, protocol, practices and standards
- Must be able to work independently in the field and while travelling to various fields throughout Ontario
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and GIS mapping systems
- Required to obtain their NASM Plan Developers Certification within 6 months of employment
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.← Back to Job List