Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Land Management Coordinator
- Posted on: August 14, 2019
- Full Time
- Calgary, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
Looking for an exciting new opportunity?! We are looking for a land management professional to join our oil sands land management committee. You will be responsible for leading land management stakeholder alignment for Oil Sands, including technical review, subsequent issuance of Suncor to Suncor land agreements, and manage land records through Geographical Information System (GIS). You will also be responsible to steward land use compliance through field inspections, audits, reporting and corrective actions.
You will use your expertise to:
- Undertake the full scope of land review, negotiation and issuance of land use agreements within Oil Sands operating areas.
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of third party requests within Oil Sands Operations(e.g. Site Access, Encroachment, Road Use, Commercial)
- Review and maintain the Area Authorities and ownership layers within GIS.
- Engage and resolve land use conflicts with partners and land owners.
- Support EH&S on land ownership, legal and regulatory boundaries and provide mapping support.
- Support Prime Designated Area applications and contractor safety.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for various land requests such as legal description, land ownership, parcels, easements, regulatory boundaries, GIS and mapping
- Provide training and mentoring expertise to other land management coordinators, permit issuers, and other team members
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Minimum five years’ experience of directly related experience in resource / land management
- Bachelor Degree or technical diploma in Land, Forestry, Agriculture, Environment, Urban Planning, Real Estate or related field.
- A valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Strong collaboration skills that enables you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
- A zero-tolerance for shortcuts, and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software including ArcMap, AutoCAD, Acrobat Pro, Livelink
- Strong knowledge with surface rights and approvals within Province of Alberta
- Understanding of various Municipal, Provincial and Federal legislation that pertains to surface rights
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
← Back to Job List