Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: January 11, 2021
- Full Time
- Vaughan, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Teledyne Optech is the world leader in the development and manufacture of advanced lidar and camera survey instruments for airborne, mobile and terrestrial mapping. With operations and staff worldwide, Teledyne Optech has led the advancement of the technology for 40 years, empowering surveyors, researchers, and government organizations with fast, accurate and cost-effective solutions.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
We are looking for an inspirational and passionate leader to direct the activities of a research group in the research and/or development of technology relevant to an organization’s future products, projects and programs. Collaborates with others on the direction of basic research and development relevant to long-term objectives and concerns. Writes and approves manuscripts for publication. Develops strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives. Monitors and evaluates completion of tasks and projects. Oversees interdepartmental activities and research efforts. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- The primary responsibility for the Lidar Research Manager is to manage technology innovation and lead the development of core Lidar technology
- Engage with Optech business leaders to understand business strategies to identify and propose research activities and plans
- Identify opportunities for innovation by understanding the challenges, needs, and ideas from the business, internal and external customers
- Lead, coordinate and participate in both internal and external research projects and activities
- Manage, coach and support team members in the ongoing research projects
- Advocate Optech in the community via technical publications and collaborations
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for a team of highly technical and motivated scientists and engineers
- Establish partnerships and collaborations with external research centers and academic institutions
- Actively update management on progression of projects using the internal documentation process on a weekly and monthly basis
- PhD Degree in Applied Science or Engineering with experience in Lidar development is a must
- The successful candidate will be a hands on leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition, demonstrate leadership ability by building and collaborating with cross functional teams
- Experience in development of core Lidar Technology – laser, detectors and scanning systems
- Up to 20% travel
Teledyne Optech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.