Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Town of New Tecumseth
- Posted on: October 13, 2020
- Full Time
- Alliston, ON
- Visit Company Website
Under the direction of the Water Supervisor or Senior Operator, this position will carry out locating procedures for all underground works associated with the Town’s infrastructure.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification Act, 2012
- Perform physical locates and inspections of all buried works associated with the Town’s infrastructure, including water, wastewater, storm water and streetlight wiring.
- Produce accurate drawings for all locates executed.
- Assist with maintaining an efficient record management system pertaining to buried infrastructure (construction drawings) including collection of GPS coordinate data.
- Perform regular routine maintenance on all locate equipment as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Perform water meter reading tasks as assigned.
- Grade 12 secondary school diploma required.
- OIT in Water Distribution is required. Class I Water Distribution and Supply, Wastewater Treatment and Collection licences would be an asset.
- A post-secondary diploma in Engineering Technology, GIS or a related field would be an asset.
- Ontario Regional Common Ground Alliance training would be an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in locating buried infrastructure or GIS is preferred
- Completed or willing to complete CSA Z462-Arc Flash & Shock Training.
- Demonstrated experience in an independent work environment with little direct supervision daily
- Demonstrated experience viewing and editing utility record information within ArcGIS geographical information systems
- Demonstrated experience using electronic “locate management system” such as Dig Smart for the completion of infrastructure locates.
- Must have Class G or Class D with “Z” endorsement licence.
- Familiarity with construction drawings and site plans.
- Familiarity with utility locate administrative software such as Utilocate2 and experience with databases would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- First Aid/CPR Training.
- Confined Space Entry and be able to pass the respirator fit test.
- Experience with water meter reading processes and equipment would be an asset.
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions; the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Salary: $52,413.50 – $65,506.36 plus benefits and pension← Back to Job List