Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Machine Learning Specialist & Data Scientist
- Posted on: March 15, 2019
- Full Time
- Montreal, Quebec
- Visit Company Website
The Innovation Program falls under the Transformation team and is responsible for the management and co-ordination of innovation strategy for the Americas region. Innovation Americas support the platform to innovate and implement ideas that positively influence how we operate and challenge the status quo of the organization.
Under the umbrella of Innovation the Analytics Lab is a center of expertise that supports CIB Americas maximize their understanding of customers, products, services and operations and to drive data-based opportunities identification, innovation and product design.
The Machine learning specialist will be part of the core data science team and will support the head of lab in analyzing business issues / opportunities and solve them through a deep data analytical approach. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve client experience, marketing strategy, platform efficiency and employee experience:
- Highlight opportunities in BNPP Americas’ data to generate new market opportunities as well as an enhanced client experience through the application of deep analytical solutions.
- Apply advanced statistical models to perform patterns identification, and add predictive analysis to enhance its insights on large and complex datasets.
- Develop mathematical models using methodologies such as time series forecasting, clustering methods, dimensionality reduction, neural networks and deep learning framework for image recognition or natural language processing.
- Provide knowledge on technology and business trends advising on potential benefits and impacts through conferences (NIPS, ..) and research.
- Explore data valuation opportunities through the delivery of enhanced/predictive analytics and the design / development of data-driven products.
- Partner with IT initiatives and provide input and enhancement recommendations where appropriate. (Storage, GPU, ..)
Minimum required qualifications:
- Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Optimization, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis
- Proven ability to use mathematical techniques to draw inferences and solve business issues. Strong technical experience and applied knowledge of traditional machine learning algorithms and deep learning frameworks
- Expertise in some of the major programming languages (Python, C/C++, C#, Java, Scala..), statistical software (R, Pandas, ..) and data wrangling tools (SQL)
- Experience with source control and release management (Git)
- Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency to interact professionally
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and/or the organization
- PhD degree and research experience in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, ..)
- DNN experience with natural language processing and feature engineering (CNN, RNN, LSTM, GRU, Word vectors)
- Experience with big data framework and GPU computing
- Agile to quickly adapt to new situations and conduct projects in a fluid work environment
- Web development experience (Html / CSS, Flask – RESTful, ..) is a plus