Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd.
- Posted on: April 5, 2021
- Full Time
- Several locations
- Visit Company Website
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a meaningful career in the environmental field? Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals striving to make a difference in all they do? Do you want to participate in Western Canada’s most exciting development projects? Do you want to do what you love in some of the most beautiful parts of the country? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (“Triton”) is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic Noise/Acoustics Scientists to join a well-established team of environmental professionals at any of our office locations, including Edmonton, Calgary, Kamloops, Prince George, Terrace, or Vancouver.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We control our own destiny and promote a people-first culture.
Triton is known for being technically strong and pragmatic in its approach. Triton’s multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/ inspection, and resource management. We apply this wide range of expertise in providing practical environmental solutions to our clients.
Triton is growing and looking for the next generation of professionals to take us to the next level. Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We also offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
Successful candidates’ will have demonstrated their ability to undertake noise and vibration impact studies using industry-leading approaches, methodology and software.
- Provide expertise in the field of acoustics through all stages of a project. This includes technical analysis, report preparation, and field testing
- Assist with the design of noise abatement such as silencers, barriers, and wall treatment
- Coordinate and implement field work to conduct noise emission source inventories and noise measurements
- Evaluation of ambient background sound levels
- Conduct noise modeling using Cadna A and other noise propagation software
- Assist with building component acoustic design and measure sound transmission
- Preparation of Acoustic Assessment Reports and Acoustic Audits
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency with Cadna A and related software packages
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience conducting Noise Impact Assessments in Alberta and BC
- Experience working with multiple types of clientele, including oil & gas, power generation, construction, government, etc
- Solid understanding of acoustic propagation in the atmosphere over local and regional distances
- Familiarity with atmospheric models and GIS and how to utilize them in acoustic propagation studies
- Technical skills to understand and analyze problems, define potential solutions, and conduct in-depth technical analysis, assessments, and assist in explaining results of technical studies in team meetings and to clients
- Ability to work in a team environment and as a self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel/work on-site independently completing field work
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: April 30, 2021
Competition Reference: NASE-0421← Back to Job List