Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Ontario Land Surveyor
- Posted on: October 7, 2019
- Thunder Ba, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
Stantec Geomatics Ltd. is seeking Ontario Land Surveyors to develop prospects in our Thunder Bay office. This position involves the supervision of a dedicated team of survey technologists and technicians and liaising with clients and team leads from other disciplines. This position will appeal to those individuals who enjoy a dynamic work environment where they can manage multifaceted projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Project Management including: preparing proposals, project research, project computations, field and office staff supervision, plan review, signing plans, reporting and timely delivery on final returns.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with GPS and total station survey equipment
- Experience with survey computational and least squares adjustment software (Micro Survey and AutoCAD) an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Eager to learn and develop professionally
- Self motivated
- Valid Driver’s License
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Geomatics, Surveying or related field & Licensed by state/province in Land Surveying or equivalent Licensure. Minimum of 3-4 years of experience.
- Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Land Surveying Professional
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time