Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Permitting Specialist (Planner)
- Posted on: October 15, 2020
- Full Time
- Burnaby, BC
- Visit Company Website
• Develop regulatory and permitting strategies for clients.
• Oversee the preparation of permit and regulatory filings, and environmental management plans.
• Provide technical expertise to various projects on BC permitting requirements. • Support engagement efforts with Indigenous communities, stakeholders and regulatory agencies.
• Establish and maintain relationships with members of the public, government and non-government communities, associations, tenure holders and Indigenous communities.
• Develop and implement training to staff on environmental regulations and permitting in BC.
• Develop staff through on-the-job mentorship
• The successful candidate will bring diverse experience and must enjoy a challenge and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• B.Sc. (required) or M.Sc. (preferred) in a Natural Resources related field (biology, ecology, forestry, or geography).
• Minimum 5 years of experience (preferred 8 to 10 years experience) in the natural resources sector in British Columbia, preferably in a consulting environment.
• Strong technical writing and familiarity with BC regulations and requirements, including but not limited to the BC Environmental Assessment Act, BC Oil and Gas Activities Act, and other provincial permitting processes under the Water Sustainability Act preferred; knowledge of municipal permitting requirements in BC is an asset.
• Experience engaging with regulatory agencies, stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
• Experience seeing major projects from planning through construction.