Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: January 23, 2023
- Full Time
- Dartmouth, NS
- Visit Company Website
What we do
GSTS is a leading-edge Artificial Intelligence company developing solutions for the maritime sector. Our solutions process large volumes of satellite and terrestrial data in real time to provide decision-making intelligence to save lives, energy, and the environment. We turn abstract data into concrete, usable information.
GSTS is building up a team to support the development and commercialization of this new capability that will have a major impact on maritime risk and vessel efficiency on a global scale. We seek individuals with drive, initiative, and motivation to join our team and make the world a safer, greener place for all.
As a Product Manager at GSTS, you’ll work with cross-functional teams to define product priorities and roadmaps, develop business requirements, and lead the design, development, and delivery of digital solutions for the GSTS product suite. The Product Manager will craft the strategy for the portfolio to support the development, launch, and management of both new and existing markets.
As part of developing the business requirements, the Product Manager, in liaison with the Directors of Products and Development, you will consolidate user requirements to create User Stories based on the prioritized features. In conjunction with the technical team and UI/UX designer, you will workshop multiple development solutions for each feature, taking into account the users’ priorities across the market spectrum, technical development and scalability, integration, as well as the time and resources required to successfully implement and deploy.
Under the direction of the Director of Products, and in collaboration with the team and stakeholders:
- Create or adjust plans for product development that address specific or emerging customer needs
- Develop product scope, objectives, and plans
- Own the product development and launch plan; while heavily influencing the product strategy, business case, requirements, and the marketing and sales plans
- Provide cross-functional oversight as product-related projects are carried out
- Ensure products are delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation and project schedule
- Communicate regularly with partners and stakeholders
- Identify and support the allocation of internal or external resources as required
- Inform the technical and design aspects of the product, including the work of designers, programmers, scientists, consultants
- Oversee product delivery, according to the technical standards established in the product plans
- Identify and prioritize product features, fixes, and future changes
- Define product features at the functional level, considering the technical user requirements, user workflows, back-end development, basic UI/UX elements, as well as informing the testing framework.
- Manage the product lifecycle
- Measure product performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques, in collaboration with internal developers and data analysts
- Facilitate ongoing communication and synthesize feedback from the stakeholders and the technical teams (IT, internal systems, reporting)
- Convey (both written and verbally) the product functionality and requirements at the system- and sub-system levels, along with the corresponding capabilities and technical trade-offs.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Eight (8) years’ experience in software project / product management for technology-focused business(es)
- University degree related to software development or in a relevant technical field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of software development and user-centric digital product design and development
- Demonstrated ability to see a digital product through its full life cycle
- Experience managing a project that has a mix of internal team leads and development resources
- Strong leadership and product-management skills
- Driven by user-centric design principles
- Great communicator with the ability to convey technical elements to various stakeholders
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relations with staff and colleagues
- Takes initiative and thinks creatively and smartly
- Willing to wear other hats from time to time
- Working experience with version control (Gitlab, Git, etc.) is an asset
- Experience with GIS is an asset
- Experience with government projects is an asset
- Experience with AI and large datasets is an asset
- Experience with UI/UX and mock-up tools is an asset
Skills and Attributes:
- Attention to detail including excellent documentation skills
- Ability to listen and develop a deep understanding of project, product, and client requirements
- Strong self-initiative and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain Secret Security and Controlled Goods clearances in support of contracts with security clearance requirements.
Why work for us?
We are committed to creating a sense of belonging amongst our team. We have placed an emphasis on fostering a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Potential candidates should submit their resume along with a required cover letter outlining experience specific to the job description and submit to email@example.com← Back to Job List