Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Project Manager – RPAS
- Posted on: September 14, 2021
- Full Time
- Vancouver, BC
- Visit Company Website
We are seeking a Project Manager to lead and grow our expanding remotely piloted aircraft systems program on our Geospatial team in Vancouver. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual who wants to take the next step leading project teams, is familiar with a range of RPAS projects, and has a passion for project delivery. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for an expanded opportunity in Project Management, while maintaining a focus on technical capability, communication skills, business development, and bringing technological innovation to clients.
Our ideal candidate will enjoy working with a dynamic geospatial team in a fast-paced environment. McElhanney’s culture of mentorship and career growth makes this position ideal for the successful candidate to be mentored by senior management and geomatics specialists within our organization. This position provides the ability to work remotely, or from any McElhanney office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage all aspects of RPAS projects, including, but not limited to, bidding on new projects, managing the technical aspects to meet client requirements, controlling the budgets, and ensuring quality deliverables
- Lead projects involving a variety of sensors including photo, LiDAR, thermal, hyperspectral, etc.
- Assist Senior PM’s on larger scale projects and with business development initiatives
- Work closely with corporate RPAS Coordinator to develop and incorporate standards, conduct research on emerging RPAS technologies, and provide guidance to Pilots and Project Managers companywide
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients and work to develop new business opportunities and strategic relationships
- Oversee the production of RPAS deliverables, which will include data acquisition, data management, data processing, project delivery, and quality control
- Generate invoices for clients and track against agreed client budgets, communicate and manage change order requests, and work with clients to ensure timely payment
- Manage multidisciplinary teams and provide mentorship and guidance to field and geospatial office staff
- Chair regular project meetings with clients and internal staff
- Coordinate with other team members and monitor project progress to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved.
- Provide leadership in safety and quality management practices
- Create and review technical reports.
What You’ll Bring
- Diploma or Degree in a geospatial related field such as remote sensing, photogrammetry, geographic information systems (GIS), survey, etc.
- 5 years of experience in a geospatial role, demonstrating competency in remote sensing, photogrammetry, and geographic information systems (GIS)
- 2 years of experience managing projects or leading project teams is a strong asset
- Experience and high level of competence with latest software packages related to mapping, drafting, data processing, data management, and project delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High productivity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player.
What Can We Offer You?
- A knowledgeable team to learn and develop with, this position offers opportunity for additional responsibility in the future.
- Diverse experience in a variety of projects with support from technical leaders.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As an employee owned and operated firm with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high level of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.← Back to Job List