Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Posted on: May 2, 2021
- Full Time
- Toronto, ON
- Visit Company Website
As a QA Specialist you will play a primary role in planning and executing on Quality and Testing for the Desktop Development Team. This is a great opportunity for a highly passionate person who has hands-on QA expertise, ability to take initiative and develop and evolve QA processes for MAPublisher and Geographic Imager. You will also be accountable for escalated technical Tier 2 technical support, and for conducting training both remotely and onsite.
- Evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- With the Director of QA, continuously improve quality processes with every project based on recommendations made in Project Retrospectives, with applicable measures and timeframes to ensure improvements are executed.
- Develop and execute manual test cases, scripts, plans and procedures
- Diagnose defects and track them from discovery to resolution.
- Partner with engineering teams to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Respond to all requests from team members in a timely professional manner.
- Provide escalated customer support as required, collaborating directly with the Support team to troubleshoot complex customer issues.
- Ensure all end-user training documentation is maintained and content is kept up-to-date with new and modified product functionalities.
- Assist in the coordination of desktop product releases, collaborating fully with other functional teams on their accountabilities for release.
- Plan for and conduct end-user training courses both remote and onsite within North America.
- 2+ years’ experience in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles
- Good understanding of QA process and keen interest in pursuing a QA career
- Genuine interest in troubleshooting and resolving complex cartographic, GIS and software-related issues
- Experience and proficiency working with, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Capable of writing clear and complete product documentation as well as test plans
- Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found, and for authoring and maintaining training documentation
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritize a large number of tasks
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with others
Any of the following are nice to have:
- Good understanding of general geography, GIS and mapping science foundations of geodesy and related concepts and terminology
- Applied knowledge of Avenza’s desktop applications and Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Applied knowledge of a variety of GIS applications such as ESRI ArcGIS, GlobalMapper, Safe FME Desktop, AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
- Working experience with defect management systems, particularly Atlassian Jira
- Working experience with test management systems
- General IT (Windows / Mac / Unix / Linux) and TCP/IP networking skills
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite products, specifically Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Spatial Databases
- Familiarity with online data portals, WMS / WFS servers, online mapping (Google Maps, MapBox TileMill)
Personal skills required:
- Passionate about ensuring software quality
- Self-starter, proactive in exploring and implementing new testing technologies
- Able to work with a team and independently with little guidance
- Punctual, methodical, reliable and well-organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Health care spending account
- Awards and recognition Program
What we offer!
- Cool, cutting-edge technology stack
- Opportunity to work on real products used daily by thousands of professionals and amateurs, all over the world.
- Informal friendly environment
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress code
- Work from home opportunities
- To keep things fun and stress free, we have Virtual team building activities (Monthly Trivia, Book Club and Game Nights)
- Quarterly internal newsletter with various topics that keeps the tone lighthearted and interesting
- Team building events including an annual Avenza Day celebration
- Lunch and Learns
- Frequent company wide town hall meetings
- Software release parties
- Patio BBQs
- Free coffee, fruit and bagel Wednesdays