Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Senior Geodetic Surveyor
- Posted on: January 30, 2020
- Full Time
TULLOCH Mapping is a progressive land surveying firm located in Ottawa, Ontario. TULLOCH Mapping is wholly owned by TULLOCH Engineering. TULLOCH Engineering is a well-established consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 350 professionals working from twelve offices throughout Ontario. TULLOCH Mapping’s team is the leading company in Canada offering mobile LiDAR surveying technology and delivery of engineering grade survey plans for rail, highways and municipal road engineering applications. It is our mission to be the leading provider of high-accuracy mobile LiDAR solutions and value added deliverables using mobile LiDAR and other complimentary survey and mapping technologies.
We are currently looking for a full time Senior Geodetic Surveyor to join our Mapping team.
- Assist in executing and managing project activities during each project phase
- Assist in establishing and maintaining client relations and ensuring quality of services
- Attend meetings as required
- Assist in preparing time and cost estimates for proposals
- Assist in managing logistics including equipment, production, project quota, data collection
- Assist in Planning and Resources management including, scheduling, supervising staff, providing leadership and technical support
- Assist in Operational Strategies
- 5+ years of experience working in a senior/advanced operations role
- Survey Degree with experience in Geodesy and Mapping
- Familiarity and a fundamental knowledge of CAD (Civil 3D, Microstation V8i, InRoads and TopoDOT)
- Experience with LiDAR survey operations – Airborne, Mobile, Static
- Survey Control experience, with experience in complex least squares adjustments
- Field experience at a senior level on diverse projects – rural, urban and remote
- Knowledgeable in processing software for GPS, Inertial Navigation, Least Squares Adjustments
- Experience in developing project plans, schedules, budgets etc.
- Ability to teach field staff as required
- Good leadership qualities and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English primarily)
- Ability to travel when/if necessary
- Valid Drivers License
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; email email@example.com or submit online at www.tulloch.ca. Please reference Competition ID- 2019 TMS SRSurveyor on your application. Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
“We want to build an organization where everyone loves their job and their leaders care for them”