Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Senior GIS Analyst
- Posted on: May 16, 2019
- Sudbury, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
The Business Systems Section, Information Technology Division, Corporate Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Senior GIS Analyst. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $37.40 to $45.94 per hour (subject to review).
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Business Systems.
- Undertake the analysis and study of GIS and associated business systems, including the preparation of management reports, external verification checks, audit trail procedures and programming specifications, based on user requirements and corporate objectives.
- Develop and maintain GIS and associated business systems, including in-house and third party software systems, using various tools and languages for computers, file servers and/or related equipment including but not limited to ESRI ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS server or ArcGIS Pro.
- Consult with staff and third party vendor staff in the development of systems and procedures or in revising methods for obtaining and standardizing input and output data with a goal of defining solutions in response to user requests and to aid users in the introduction of new solutions.
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and enforcement of policies, standards, guidelines and procedures with respect to geo-spatial data maintenance and linkages to corporate business data and applications.
- Develop training courses and perform client training of new and planned systems and/or applications.
- Develop, maintain and update operations and user manuals for all related GIS programs and systems.
- Test all systems and/or programs to ensure accuracy. Develop test data for all changes and reviews results with users and/or the Manager of Software and Business Applications. Recommend solutions to problems.
- Assist in all aspects of planning and development with respect to information technology.
- Assist clients in the diagnosis of problems by troubleshooting the workstation, the software, the application system, the network or any related equipment.
- Provide direction and assistance to the Programmer/Analyst (GIS).
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Computer Science, Geomatics or related discipline from a recognized University with Canadian accreditation.
- Additional courses in ESRI ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Pro and related programming languages and tools.
- Over two and one-half (2½) years up to and including five (5) years of diversified experience in a senior GIS/IT system capacity.
- Experience with Windows Server operating system and Internet Information Services (IIS) an asset.
- Sound knowledge of systems analysis procedures and understanding of information technology hardware and software capabilities and uses.
- Experience working on enterprise business systems such as asset management, land and property management, customer relationships management and how they integrate with GIS systems.
- Sound knowledge of relational database management systems and spatial data models.
- Satisfactory keyboarding skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-413) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.← Back to Job List