Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Senior GIS Consultant, Enterprise
- Posted on: October 10, 2021
- Full Time
- Ottawa, ON
- Visit Company Website
Esri Canada has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior GIS Consultant based in Ottawa, who will focus on enterprise GIS solutions. In this role, you will leverage your knowledge and experience in leading the business analysis and implementation of enterprise GIS solutions based on Esri technology. As a Senior GIS Consultant, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the company by effectively providing professional services for assigned consulting projects.
Senior GIS Consultant responsibilities include:
- Work in a collaborative team analyzing customer issues and developing solutions focused on GIS strategic planning, information management and governance, organizational design, application rationalization and GIS business process optimization.
- Provide expertise in the user needs analysis, estimation, design, development, and implementation of enterprise GIS solutions.
- Chart existing business processes to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategize for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Prototype new procedures for enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in production systems across the organization.
- Work with other consultants in the design and delivery of client solutions from conception to completion.
- Scope projects and assist the Project Manager in developing complete project SOW and project plans for all assigned projects.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other pre/post-implementation support.
- Model client requirements and define functional specifications.
- Actively engage the sales team to advance the value proposition of Consulting with current and prospective customers.
- Support pre-sales and post-sales activities related to technical aspects of Esri products.
- Actively participate in the preparation of proposals (e.g., RFPs, RFIs and RFQs).
Specific skill requirements:
- University degree in GIS, geomatics, computer science, engineering, or equivalent education and experience.
- Able to obtain a Government Security Screening Top Secret Clearance (Level III)
- 8+ years’ experience in business analysis/consulting in the GIS industry.
- 8+ years’ experience with Esri’s GIS products (ArcGIS)
- Experience in implementing enterprise GIS solutions, and integrating Esri technology with other enterprise systems
- Experience in technical analysis of requirements, facilitating discussions, and leading workshops
- Able to collect, manage, analyze, model, and present spatially relevant information.
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Synthesis and analysis skills; ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to establish and manage an effective consulting relationship with corporate customers
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Esri Technical Certifications
- Experience working in technical presales
- Experience in remote sensing
- Experience with deployments to a cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Federal Government or large IT organizations and/or Federal Government
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package. Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current pandemic, Esri Canada employees currently work remotely with the flexibility to attend their assigned office locations on an as-needed basis, until an official return-to-office plan is finalized.
Once safe to do so, Esri Canada employees will be able to work from their assigned offices. However, they may apply for a work-from-home arrangement as per our Work From Home Policy, which allows some employees to establish a pre-approved remote work arrangement.← Back to Job List