Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Senior GIS Systems Analyst Job
- Posted on: June 13, 2018
- Edmonton, AB
- Visit Company Website
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
The primary focus of this position is to collaborate between the business and TIS on the implementation and maintenance of enterprise geodatabases, viewers and all other GIS desktop and server tools that support the Liquids Pipeline geospatial strategy.
- The system administrator maintains and supports GIS software.
- He or she must be familiar with GIS operations, how they differ from other IT systems, and how differences affect system usage and administration. Due to the interdependencies between GIS and non-GIS computer hardware systems, coordination with administrators of non-GIS systems is critical.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves GIS application problems.
- Communicates with internal and external technical resources to resolve end-user issues and provides guidance to users on methods for correcting reported problems.
- Manage license manager.
- Perform GIS software installations, upgrades and updates including testing.
- Enables new GIS databases in preparation for use by Data Editors.
- Maintains GIS databases (compressing, manage version structure, etc.).
- Publishes feature classes and services (including definition of access privileges) to Production.
- Publishes data changes to Production.
- Manages directory of formally published web maps
- Authors data and information products, then publish them as services, packages, and web maps and applications that will be available to ArcGIS Portal users.
- Can also perform standard feature analysis on layers in maps.
- University Degree in Geomatics, Geomatics Engineering, Geography or related discipline with emphasis on GIS
- Diploma in Geomatics Engineering Technology will be considered with experience in a GIS environment
- 4 or more years of directly related experience with GIS related software
- Hands-on experience with and advanced knowledge of Esri suite of products
- Understanding of geomatics concepts such as map projections and linear referencing
- Effective interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders (management, project execution teams, customers, contractors, etc.)
- Ability to communicate precisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to solve problems both independently and through collaboration with peers
- Ability to reliably predict and meet deadlines
- Understanding of web mapping cartographic design principles
- Experience with Geocortex
- Experience with FME, SQL Server, and either the PODS data model and Python scripting would be beneficial
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only found on our careers page. Link below.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.← Back to Job List