Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
SENIOR SCIENTIST / SOFTWARE DEVELOPER [Remote Sensing & Photogrammetry] Job
- Posted on: May 2, 2018
- Expires on: May 31, 2018
- Full Time
- Gatineau, Quebec
- Visit Company Website
SENIOR SCIENTIST / SOFTWARE DEVELOPER [Remote Sensing & Photogrammetry] – PERMANENT
FUNCTIONAL AREA: PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT
LOCATION: 490 ST-JOSEPH BLVD, SUITE 400
J8Y 3Y7 CANADA
SALARY:$48/hour [Minimum 40 hours/week]
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Applies scientific domain knowledge to the development of innovative and original algorithms and techniques that are required for the success of company research and development projects in the areas of remote sensing and photogrammetry.
Technical leadership of research and development projects in which the scientific research aspect dominates. This may include supervision of both scientists and software developers.
Explains important and relevant scientific issues and trends to non-technical company personnel (e.g., sales and marketing management). Provides this information both verbally and in writing, as required. Takes the initiative in identifying these issues and trends and bringing them to the attention of management.
Assists with the technology direction and feasibility of software development projects.
- Solid theoretical and practical domain knowledge in the areas of remote sensing and photogrammetry
- Ability to conduct high quality research and design innovated algorithms for the PCI product offerings for photogrammetry and remote sensing
- Strong technical skills in the area of computer science.
- Knowledgeable with industry technologies in the specified domain areas
- Experience with satellite and aerial modeling, extraction of ground control from a variety of sources for automated production systems
- Extensive experience in developing geospatial solutions for photogrammetry and remote sensing
- Carry out technical studies on geospatial intelligence and image processing systems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong programming skills
- Ability to understand customer requirements and recommend technical solutions
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to train customers on PCI products
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally if required
Participates in giving advice, training and direction to PCI research and development, sales and marketing teams.
Promotes company technology directions and product offerings internally and to PCI market/customers.
Master’s Degree with at least 5 years of post-bachelor work experience in remote sensing, computer programming/development and geomatics is required. An equivalent combination of education/experience will be considered.
Remuneration for this position is commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidates. Health and dental benefits will be offered as well as paid vacation and personal days.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.