Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Software Analyst Intern
- Posted on: July 5, 2019
- Expires on: July 27, 2019
- Toronto, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Full time, Internship / Placement
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales provides world-leading Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) and interlocking for mass rail transit applications globally. The Centre of Competence for Urban Rail Signalling is located right before you at mid-town Toronto. As the largest office in Canada, we house a department for every step of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)! This includes Software, Hardware, Systems Design, Verification & Validation, Operations, etc. The supporting corporate shared services teams in Finance, Human Resources and IT is also located at the office. Our office space was designed to provide a sustainable, healthy workplace that expresses TRSS’s brand while increasing collaboration. Features include Greenguard furniture, EnergyStar appliances, low-emitting adhesives, sealants, and sliding glass doors on internal offices provide daylight and views to the outside. Come join the big Transport family, here in Toronto!
Position Title: Software Analyst Intern
Duration: 8 Months (September, 2019 Start)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working knowledge of programming or scripting languages (Batch, JAVA, Ruby, Perl etc.).
- Develop test scripts, execute tests, and monitor results
- Develop reusable libraries for various projects.
- Adhere to and promote standards for test development best practices
- Collaborates and participates to achieve overall project success
- Participating in test automation planning, implementing and actively maintaining CI testing pipelines
- Provides feedback on test automation frameworks for continues improvement
- Experience with test automation tools.
- Strong understanding and good knowledge of Excel functions
- Conducting other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time
- Currently enrolled in a university level in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline accredited program recognized by Canadian Professional Engineering licensing body.
- Available to start in September, 2019 for 8 months
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience in automated testing, strong performer who can bring new ideas for automation.
- Enthusiastic about new challenges.
- Very good written and oral communications
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) as well as graphical design (Photoshop)
- Good balance of both analytical and creative thinking
- Must be able to communicate directly and openly
- Be organized, able to take instructions, work in a time sensitive environment, and be able to solve problems independently or/and under limited supervision
- Self –motivated, critical thinker with technical background (preferred)
- Able to work full time hours (40 hours)