Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Specialist Data Scientist
- Posted on: December 2, 2019
- Expires on: December 15, 2019
- Full Time
- Visit Company Website
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are hiring a Data Scientist to collaborate within a new Advanced Data Analytics team.
In this role, you will leverage your expertise implementing sophisticated data engineering and analytics capabilities to improve throughput for all our colleagues through automation.
Reporting to the Director of Advanced Analytics and in partnership with Investment Departments, Core Services, and Technology & Data, you will build and deploy advanced data capabilities to enable ingesting, engineering, and disseminating of any data (internal, external, alternative), coupled with an advanced analytics workbench to analyze, visualize, and model with compute power to augment human limitations.
You will work closely with the IT architecture, data integration, and application development teams to deploy these new capabilities and minimize manual data manipulation wherever possible. You will develop and nurture strong relationships with partners in a variety of different business units, building an understanding of their unique investment processes and how to apply technology to reduce operational costs, improve operational efficiency, enhance self-service capabilities and increase scalability of Big Data technologies.
- Operationalize and deploy sophisticated data science tools (such as NLP, AI, and Machine Learning)
- Develop automation as a core capability for service delivery as an automated workforce, identify automation opportunities for data ingestion and processing, leveraging RPA, OCR, text analytics and other technologies
- Communicate, present and demonstrate Data Science technologies to a wide range of audiences including senior executives, evangelize use of new capabilities and upskill the organization (and own team) to leverage these capabilities
- Provide subject matter expertise related to data automation, analytics and visualization tools
- Build and operationalize data engineering capabilities to centrally ingest structured and unstructured data, eliminating manual transposition to prepare data for analysis
- Remain on the “leading edge” of data analytics technologies to identify new techniques and providers to meet demand
- Serve as a player-coach, working with other analytical colleagues to support multiple stakeholders across the enterprise.
Consider applying if you have most of the following:
- Practical experience developing and implementing advanced data analytics and automation capabilities (such as RPA, etc)
- A passion around learning new technologies with a track record of acting on this in prior roles
- Ability to quickly understand the data needs of various investment strategies or data users such as quant analysts, fundamentals analysts, private equity analyst and operations analysts – can quickly translate complex technical concepts into simplified business terms
- Experience working with financial data such as: security master data, IBOR/ABOR data, fundamentals data, market data. Experience working with alternative data an asset
- Hands-on experience using AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Presto, Spark
- Experience With Machine Learning Frameworks, such as TensorFlow , PyTorch, Spark MLib, Theano or Caffee
- Exposure to data modeling, data architecture, data engineering, data analysis and data science (familiarity with ETL tools, data warehousing and big data architecture and cloud constructs)
- 5+ years of experience working with diverse data sets in large or complex enterprises
- Polished communication and presentation skills. Experience in presenting to and communicating with C-suite individuals
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or any other quantitative field
- Commitment to CPPIB’s guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.