Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: October 15, 2020
- Full Time
- Vancouver, BC
- Visit Company Website
McElhanney Ltd. is looking for a Survey Assistant to join our branch in Vancouver, BC. This is a great opportunity for a dedicated individual who enjoys working in the great outdoors, looking to gain hands on surveying experience. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of survey technicians and land surveyors on a variety of legal, topographic and construction surveys.
- Set-up and operation of conventional survey and GNSS equipment.
- Follow directives received from Field Supervisor or Party Chief to assist survey team.
- Prepare accurate field notes, when required.
- Clean and maintain equipment, maintain supplies, stock company vehicle, and ensure necessary physical resources are available in the field, with minimal supervision.
- May be required to use tools and equipment such as axe, sledge hammer, shovel, metal detector and survey tripod to complete assigned tasks.
- May be required to use hand and power tools to clear line quickly and efficiently.
- Formal training/post-secondary education in survey technology; a combination of education and experience is an asset
- Physically fit and able to move and carry survey equipment
- Ability to work in a variety of outdoor settings including wilderness/backcountry environment for extended periods and varied hours
- Willing to travel and able to work out of town on an as-needed basis (up to three weeks away at a time; sometimes more)
- Excellent attention to detail, attendance, judgment, and communication skills
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.← Back to Job List