Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Survey Assistant Jobs
- Posted on: August 9, 2018
- Full Time
- Burnaby, BC
- Visit Company Website
You would rather be outdoors than sitting behind a desk. You’re an explorer who takes their work seriously, and has fun doing it. You want to get your hands on survey equipment, and learn more about the latest technology.
Binnie is looking for Survey Assistants to work out of our Burnaby or Squamish locations. Depending on your base office location, you will be working on projects around the Lower Mainland and other areas of British Columbia.
As part of our Geomatics Group, you will help provide a wide range of survey services–including control, topographic, and boundary surveys, as well as construction layout.
This is an ideal role for a motivated candidate who is looking to develop a career in Geomatics. You will gain valuable work experience and knowledge while you assist with field surveys, while working closely within a supportive group of staff.
- Assisting Surveyors with survey calculations
- Assisting with equipment set-up and maintenance
- Reviewing survey data for accuracy
- Ensuring survey vehicle is stocked with appropriate equipment
- Abiding by Binnie’s established procedures and complying with Binnie’s Safety Program
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Previous related work experience preferred
- Completed Geomatics Degree or Diploma preferred
- Valid Driver’s License for site visits
- Willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
THE PERKS:People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. Whether it’s soccer or hockey pool, Movember or Bowling for Big Brothers, everyone can get involved in their own way.