Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Survey Assistant (Temporary, 6 month Term)
Urban Systems Ltd.
- Posted on: January 3, 2019
- Expires on: February 2, 2019
- Visit Company Website
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth within our Edmonton geomatics practice, we are seeking a talented and enthusiastic junior Survey Assistant to join our field crews on a temporary basis for a 6-month term. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Party Chief with boundary evidence assessment, site and data management including digging pins, and flagging and marking lines
- Clean and maintain equipment and supplies, and ensure resources are available in the field as needed
- Transport and use of tools and equipment such as an axe, sledge hammer, shovel, and survey tripod in order to complete assigned tasks
This position would be ideal for a someone starting out in their career who is looking for exposure to geomatics/surveying work.
Our preferred candidate will possess the following attributes and interests would be considered of great benefit to this role:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Field experience is not required but considered a strong asset.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong sense of professionalism when interacting with colleagues and clients.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy equipment as needed
- Willing to work in all types of weather conditions and locations including remote areas for extended periods and varied hours.
- Possess a Class 5 Driver’s License for travel to/from work sites
- Ability to work throughout Alberta and North Eastern BC
Please note that extended health and dental benefits, as well as paid vacation and sick time, are included in the renumeration package for this position.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 400 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our legal survey practice, Urban Systems Survey Inc. (USSI) was established in 2012 to address the growing legal survey needs of Urban Systems Ltd.’s clients. Since its inception, USSI has integrated its service offerings with Urban Systems to provide our clients with a full suite of consulting services.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities
- A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things
- The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment
- Ongoing career development and learning
- Meaningful rewards and recognition
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with your salary expectations and a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).
Deadline for applications: Friday, January 18, 2019← Back to Job List