Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: September 10, 2019
- Across Canada
- Visit Company Website
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. For more than 100 years, we’ve been an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
Reporting to the Field Supervisor or Party Chief, the Survey Assistant provides assistance to the survey team for the timely and efficient completion of surveys and assignments in order to meet contractual and legal obligations. The candidate will be involved in working on municipal, construction, and oil and gas surveys including but not limited to wellsite’s, pipelines, risers, access roads, and plant sites.
The ability to travel and work out of town is required.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol and fitness for work testing is required.
- Set-up and operation of conventional survey and GPS equipment.
- Follow directives received from Field Supervisor or Party Chief to assist survey team.
- Prepare accurate field notes, when required.
- Clean and maintain equipment, maintain supplies, stock company vehicle, and ensure necessary physical resources are available in the field, with minimal supervision.
- May be required to use tools and equipment such as chainsaw, axe, sledge hammer, shovel, metal detector and survey tripod in order to complete assigned tasks.
- May be required to use hand and power tools to clear line quickly and efficiently.
- High school diploma, technical school education and previous experience an asset but not required.
- Physically fit, able to lift heavy equipment, willing to work in varied environmental conditions, able to work in wildlife populated areas, and willing to work in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel out of town for up to three-week periods.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and general computer knowledge.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol and fitness for work testing is required.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.← Back to Job List